Special Usage Instructions for Polarized Plug (120V) and Dual Voltage Switch
- This appliance has a polarized plug for a 120V outlet (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
- For use in 120V locations including the U.S.A., the voltage selector switch must be placed in the 120V position.
- For use in 230V locations, the voltage selector switch must be placed in the 230V position.
- Confirm the voltage available at each location before using the appliance.
- To connect to a 230V outlet with the included power cord and 120V plug end, use an attachment plug adapter of the proper configuration for the power supply receptacle.
Snapdry Boot & Glove Dryer 120V/230V contains:
- 1 Blower Assembly 120V/230V
- 1 Power Cord with 120V or 230V plug
- 1 Air Manifold Assembly (Upper Deflector, Wire FormClip, Flexible Tubing, Integrated Hand Wear Stand)
- 1 Accessory Kit (2 Right Angle Extensions, 2 StraightExtensions)
- 1 Nylon Storage Bag
USING BOOT & GLOVE DRYER
- NOTE: DO NOT ALLOW BLOCKED AIRFLOW. BLOCKED AIRFLOW MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO DRYER AND MAY INCREASE DRYING TIMES SIGNIFICANTLY.
- Insert Blower Assembly into Upper Deflector of Air Manifold Assembly (see drawings).
- Attach Right Angle Extensions or Straight Extensions to bottom ends of Flexible Tubes.
- Use Right Angle Extensions for tall footwear.
- CRITICAL: With footwear together, place single Tube in each boot and push Dryer down to position where Right Angle Extensions are just above floor of boot and pointed toward toe area. This properly directs warm airflow. Do NOT allow blocked airflow.
- EXTRA: Tall, high boots require adjusting overall length of Flexible Tubes and Right Angle Extensions as long as possible to properly direct warm airflow into toe area. Do NOT allow blocked airflow.
- NOTE: Right Angle Extensions have left hand threads. Always turn clockwise to loosen and counter-clockwise to tighten.
- Use Straight Extensions for gloves, mittens, and low cut footwear.
- CRITICAL: Make certain to use Straight Extensions when drying gloves, mittens, or low cut footwear to properly direct airflow. Do NOT allow blocked airflow.
- LOW CUT FOOTWEAR: With footwear together, place single Tube in each shoe and push Dryer into position until Straight Extensions are inserted all the way into toe area. Do NOT use Right Angle Extensions in low cut footwear as airflow will be blocked. Do NOT allow blocked airflow.
- GLOVES AND MITTENS: Position Dryer with integrated Hand Wear Stand resting on surface and Flexible Tubes pointing upward. Pull each glove or mitten over single Tube until Straight Extensions are inserted into finger area of mittens or upper palm area of gloves (or glove lined mittens). Do NOT insert Straight Extensions into single finger or thumb area of gloves (or mittens) as airflow will be blocked. Do NOT allow blocked airflow.
- NOTE: Straight Extensions may be pushed onto and pulled off of Flexible Tubes. Also, Straight Extensions have left hand threads. Always turn clockwise to loosen and counter-clockwise to tighten.
- Before operating Dryer, first remove all excess snow, water, and other moisture that may have accumulated in boot, shoes, gloves, or mittens.
- Before plugging Dryer into wall outlet, determine electrical current being used.
- If current is 120V, set Voltage Selector Switch to 120V (see drawing) and use proper Power Cord with 120V plug on end. Plug other end of Power Cord into Blower Assembly.
- If current is 230V, set Voltage Selector Switch to 230V (see drawing) and use proper Power Cord with 230V plug on end. Plug other end of Power Cord into Blower Assembly.
- Once proper voltage and Power Cord plug end are selected, plug Dryer into wall outlet.
- Using Dial on Built-In Timer, set desired approximate drying time (see drawing).
- Built-In Timer is electronic. Dial setting remains at selected drying time and does not change position according to elapsed time.
- Maximum drying time before automatic shut-off is approximately 24 hours.
- Minimum drying time before automatic shut-off is approximately 1 hour.
- Once desired approximate drying time is set, push Power Button to turn Dryer on (see drawing).
- Dryer will automatically shut-off per Dial setting.
- To shut off Dryer before automatic shut-off, push Power Button.
- NOTE: Pushing Power Button to shut off Dryer also resets Built-In Timer.
- NOTE: When Dryer is on, Dial setting may be adjusted to longer or shorter drying time. Dryer will automatically shut-off according to new Dial setting. When adjusting Dial to drying time shorter than elapsed time, Dryer will automatically shut-off within 1 hour.
PRE-WARMING HAND & FOOTWEAR
- With boots, shoes, gloves, or mittens already dried, use same procedures as above to pre-warm hand or footwear.
- To pre-warm to approximately body temperature (98°F), turn Dryer on for minimally 15 to 20 minutes prior to actual use.
- Pre-warming enhances circulation keeping hands and feet warmer longer.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Drying times: Generally damp conditions resulting from perspiration may dry within 1 to 3 hours. A fully wet, spun-dried pair of adult, synthetic, insulated mittens may dry within 4 to 5 hours. Fully soaked, dripping wet conditions may take considerably longer drying times.
- Maximizing life span: Leaving Dryer on well beyond necessary drying time shortens life span of electric motor unnecessarily.
- Blocked airflow:
- May cause damage to Dryer.
- May increase drying times significantly.
- May activate thermal overload protection device equipped with Dryer resulting in reduced to no fan motor operation and drying efficiency. If activated, turn Dryer off, remove from hand or footwear, and let cool. Ten (10) minutes or more may be required to reset thermal overload protection device.
- Built-In Timing System is approximate only. System automatically shuts off Dryer at whole hour increments, and Dial Setting indicator lines are approximate.
TIPS ON USING
- Consider packing Dryer in boots for travel purposes (see drawings). Place Blower Assembly in one boot. Place Air Manifold Assembly and Extensions in other boot.
- Store Dryer in included Nylon Storage Bag for extended periods of non-use.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING APPLIANCE
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed.
- KEEP AWAY FROM WATER.
- DANGER – Some electrical parts are electrically live even with Dryer shut off.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SERVICE THIS APPLIANCE. CONTACT YOUR AUTHORIZED HOTRONIC® SNAPDRY® DEALER OR NEAREST HOTRONIC DISTRIBUTOR.
To reduce risk of DEATH by electrical shock:
- Do not use or store appliance where it may fall or be pulled or pushed into water.
- If appliance cord or plug is damaged or appliance is not working properly, return appliance to authorized Hotronic® Snapdry® dealer or nearest Hotronic distributor.
- IF APPLIANCE IS DROPPED INTO WATER, DO NOT TRY TO RETRIEVE UNTIL FIRST UNPLUGGING CORD FROM ELECTRICAL OUTLET. REACHING INTO WATER TO RETRIEVE APPLIANCE WHILE PLUGGED INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLET MAY RESULT IN DEATH!
- Use appliance only for purpose intended and described in this manual.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children.
- If appliance cord or plug is damaged or appliance is not working properly, return appliance to authorized Hotronic® Snapdry® dealer or nearest Hotronic distributor. Do not attempt to repair appliance.
- Keep cord away from hot surfaces. Do not wrap cord around appliance.
- Keep all air intakes and outlets free from any obstructions.
- Do not operate appliance using soft surface such as towel or pillow for a “prop”. Air intakes may be obstructed.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of appliance.
- With Voltage Selector Switch set at 120V, this appliance is designed to operate at 50-60 cycles, 100-120 V AC, 30 ~ 40 W.
- With Voltage Selector Switch set at 230V, this appliance is designed to operate at 50-60 cycles, 220-240 V AC, 30 ~ 40 W.
- Do not use extension cord with this appliance.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
- This appliance contains no user serviceable parts. This appliance is permanently lubricated and will never require additional lubrication. Do not attempt to repair this appliance.
- TO CLEAN: Making sure unit is cool and unplugged from electrical outlet, wipe soiled surface with soft, damp cloth. Do not allow water to get into any internal surface. If air intake has dust or lint in it, clean with small, soft brush.
- TO STORE: Unplug appliance and allow to cool. Store in its box or included Nylon Storage Bag AWAY FROM WATER. Consider unplugging power cord from appliance. Do not wrap cord around appliance. Do not stress cord during storage.